Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Elder Gish’s First Letter from New Zealand

image

Hey mom! I have arrived safely in New Zealand! This place is 100% AWESOME! I have been called as a zone leader within the MTC. All the missionaries here are awesome! There is a wonderful spirit here, it feels like home.

Its weird though I can see the sun, and its hot! Seriously I was sweating so bad. I'm so happy to finally be here. I cant wait to get started. We have a devotional tonight and I’m conducting! this is crazy! The Lord is already giving me so much responsibility and I do not want to let Him down!

so the plane ride here was crazy! i landed in San Fran at 2 and had a 5 hour layover.. but what made is awesome is I met this girl named Shana and we talked a little bit, but it all started with my goofy socks! Then when the other Elders and Sisters arrived she would ask questions. NO ACCIDENTS! But i think the 13 hour flight was an accident. That was flat out ridiculous! I swear I saw the food move when it came out. But it was something to eat.

Its also very weird being on the right side of the road.. this place feels like Florida but smells like Kansas. hahah jk this place is awesome.

So when i got asked to be a ZL the president showed me a schedule.... I thought it was a busy one but guess not... tomorrow is the busy day! OHHHHH so remember that talk Elder Anderson gave on a missionary from New Zealand who went on to being one of the most famous Rugby players ever? HE’S THE TEMPLE PRESIDENT! AND IM GOING TO MEET HIM!

That’s all the time I have.

love you guys! God speed!

Ka kite ano

Elder Gish

P.S. Elder Chase Gish’s Mom here: The picture above was taken by the friends of one of our beloved friends, Ken Perkes. Knowing that his friends were traveling to New Zealand through San Francisco, Ken asked them to keep an eye out for an Elder Gish. Well, they found him and more than that, were thoughtful enough to take a snapshot of him and send it to Ken knowing that he would send it to me. I can’t tell you what it meant to receive it, Tender mercies…and then some.