Monday, November 24, 2014

Everyone Can Be Influenced By the Holy Ghost

image

DUN DUN DUN!!!!! BIG NEWS !!!! ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!! I was transferred this week!! Gisborne was so awesome! I am really going to miss that place, it was home away from home! But now I am in Taranaki! I have gone coast to coast for the slam dunk! Gisborne was the farthest East in the mission, Taranaki is the farthest South West. Needless to say this week I spent a great amount of time driving.  Taranaki is the promised land! Just in in case --Taranaki is pronounced ( Te-da-nah-key) I swear there is whole different language here! But anywho! this place is awesome! My companion is the bomb! Elder Otto, he is from Vanuatu. He’s so cool and carries the best spirit with him!

…Actually funny story about that. So most of this week was spent sitting and driving, and that’s nothing fun or exciting. Just getting numb legs and then stepping out of the car, and having gravity fight against you, and suddenly you’re on the ground...

Taranaki has a new zone Leader Elder Mitchell, who was my first Zone Leader when i entered the mission field so he and I are really close. So we were about 3 hours into our drive and Elder M's legs go numb so we pulled over to do a little sight seeing. Elder M steps out, and we all know how it feels when our legs go numb we need something to support us -- he uses the car. Little does he know Elder Gish is on the prowl ready to attack! SO I try to jump him. Elder M is about 6'5 so i have to get a good spring to tackle him and so i make my move.. And right as i go to Jump on him.. You can probably guess what happens.. He DUCKS!!! I completely miss him and go take a dirt bath.

ANYWAY!! ONTO THE GOOD STUFF!

Taranaki is the bomb. Unfortunately, it is still all branches, no wards. So the entire area is a district not a Stake. (and if your wondering what that is, Come to church one day!! :) )  So my new companion was saying how the work out here is pretty hard, and that there’s not much to do.  WHICH IS A LOAD OF JUNK Because a huge miracle happened! WE have a new set baptism set for the 6th of Dec. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! The spirit was so strong in the lesson. And when the spirit says ask about baptism, I ask, with no questions. After Elder O was just blown away !! He asked how did i do that? I didn’t do anything, the spirit just asks and we do:) As we all should. All of us have that voice in us telling us to do the right, we just have to be willing to act upon those impressions! The scriptures say the Holy Ghost speaks to us in a still small voice! So if we are being drowned by other things we won’t hear it! All of us have that capability! Its not just missionaries! Everyone can be influenced by the Holy Ghost! 

I Love this work it is so awesome:)

LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL

ofa lahi' atu!

-Elder Gish

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image