Sunday, September 13, 2015

Organizing Ourselves

Hey everyone! 

So i am so sorry that i haven't done one of these updates in forever! So i made sure that i didnt miss one more! 

ALRIGHT SO HERES WHATS GOING DOWN. I have left Tauranga! This was probably one the hardest moves i have made so far. Man was that a great area! The people there (if your reading this) have been engraved into my heart. But now my heart is open to a new area! I got moved to Manurewa in South Auckland. Im so excited to be here, mainly because there is heaps of islanders here, and i just love them.. The down side to that is.. THEIR FOOD IS SO GOOD SO Good bye 6 months to sexy haha. 
But really is is such a privilege to be here. 

My new companion is Elder T. he is a Tongan (my 5th) and he has been out for 2 months. So i am follow up training him. He is great. That new missionary fire is contagious! In my new area there are heaps of islanders so usually they have an islander missionary, soo they aren't used to seeing a white guy hahaha. It's funny because i'll speak to them in their language and they are like "aye!! whats this palangi ( white person) doing speaking to us?!"

The other day as i was reading the scriptures, i was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 which says 
"Organize yourselves prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of Prayers, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order,  a house of God" I have read this over and over, until this changed for me. Organize yourselves stuck out to me more. In 1st Corinthians 3:16 we read "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and the spirit of God Dwelleth in you" A temple is house of God, and our bodies are house for the Spirit. So when you read Doctrine and Covenants again, think of the house as in your body. And when we organize ourselves in these things, we become the house the Lord requires us to have to house His spirit more abundantly.

Love you all! 
Thanks for reading!
Ka kite ano
-Elder Gish

P.s Sorry no pictures...our house got broken into while we were gone, and someone needed my camara more then me! SORRY