Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Lord is Always Standing By Us

Kia ora whanau!, tena koe e hoa!

I cant beleive its monday again.. I feel like i'm time traveling! the time is just going by so fast.

So it has been quite the week. But ill make this quick because of time:/ 

We had another chance this week to go on an exchange with MTC Elders. It was great to be with the same Elder, Elder T. Just in the week since we have seen him he grew so much! I gave him some advice of how to talk to strangers easier, and then the next time we go on exchanges he'll use it, but work on it in the MTC.  While we were out, man he was on fire! No person was passed without being spoken to. The confidence he had on knocking doors was amazing. Its amazing what we can do when we have the Lord's help. It reminds me that we shouldn't have any fear when we are on the Lord's errand. 

I want to share a bit on some studies I had that go perfectly with that experience. A scripture this week stood out to me heaps. Revelation 3:20

 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The reason why I like this so much is because of one word " stand". It does not say "stood". The Lord is always standing by us. He always wants to come into our lives, and has never, nor will he ever give up on us and leave us. All we need to do is open our door to Him and allow Him to come into our lives. By doing so, He will change our lives for the better. The Savior loves us on a level that we don't fully understand, but we can know that He will never "leave us comfortless.' He is standing by us but we need to notice Him. I know that things are true.
Love you all!
-Elder Gish