Monday, April 28, 2014

One Track Missionaries!

Kia ora everyone!

Man I seriously never thought P-day would come.. this week has been moving at about the speed of smell... literally... this was Anzach day weekend ( our equivalent of memorial day).

So what is going on this week?! Tonagn Feasts... UH OH! we didn't get invited to one THANKFULLY (basically the Tongans will make enough food for the planet, and then somehow think that 14 people could finish it all.) So thankfully we didn't have to experience rolling on our bellies when we finish dinner. And to make life so much better it rained most of this week as well! woo! we learned that New Zealand will get about 5 feet of rain a year.... That's an inch and a half a week! no wonder this country is so flipping green!!! The grass is really greener on the other side! other side of the world that is (man that was cheesy) :)

ANYWAY so the work this week was slow, but that is okay! it just means that the next week will be fast!  But even though things get slow Heavenly Father doesn't make us suffer through it all. Some seriously awesome things have happened this week! First off let me tell you a funny as story.

We are in praying mantis season and they are everywhere! We were having the District Leader and his comp over for studies, and we saw this weird as Prayner, so what do we do? We become the crocodile hunter and go look at it! And to make things even worse I have to move it! Now if you know me, I do not mind bugs, so I was like oh yeah I’m all good! HOLY FLIP THE THING FLIES!!! I don't think I can remake the girlish scream I made when it went towards me, so what do I do run! However there was a wall in the way and I couldn't escape!!! So since I freak out, the rest of the Elders freak out, and so there wewere, four full grown Elders running away from a bug.. It happeed more then once too, but now I know, those bugs can fly.. NO TOUCHY

anyway! off that tangent.

SO many miracles have happened this week. It was a slow as week, but that's okay when we are being pounded my miracles.

One humungous miracle was that I didn't get transferred! I get to stay in this area! I love it so much here. Two was we have so many  investigators who are just so awesome and one is helping his flat mates understand what we are teaching. They are all just so awesome! When we go knock on their doors, they are just like "Elders or Brothers It’s freezing out, come in.” and they just give us milo ( New Zealand Hot coco) and we just talk! It’s such a blessing to be around these people.

But then the most amazing thing happened. The reason why I didn't email yesterday was because we had Zone Conference with one of the Seventy. His name is Elder Pierson.This GA (shannon here: General Authority) was seriously up there right next to Elder Holland on motivation. HE WAS INCREDIBLE!!! The Spirit was sooooo strong, it was almost thick enough to drink. He seriously is a servant of Heavenly Father. He had so much love for all of us, and we could feel it! IMAGINE what Heavenly Father’s love is like, and He knows us better then we do! Elder Pierson seriously made us One track missionaries! An eye single to the glory of God. He talked about our divine nature that is within us and how through Christ’s Gospel we can just get a Glimpse of what we can be. WE ARE DIVINE! It was seriously amazing! We are all children of a God! We have so much potential! It was amazing! I can’t put it into words of how amazing it was!

SO as always, keep being awesome! Remember who you are!! and what you are as well.

- Your kiwi ( who has gained some weight)...

Elder Gish