Monday, May 26, 2014

“Those Words Will Echo Within Him”

image

Kia Ora Maori!

Man everyone this week was so awesome! It was just skux az. We got heaps done! Elder Harmon and I just struggled before with contacting people on the streets. So this week we just hit the beat and talked to everyone!! like literally telling people to wait so we can talk to them ! it was way fun.

Contacting people this week has been such a joy! but here is the craziest thing that happened! we had a talk with some on the street who was a less active and became a Rastafarian. He was telling us all about how weed is a cure for everything right now like depression cancer, basically everything, telling us that he's studied about all this stuff and how he sells it to all these people. and so on and so forth, so I asked him, I said "man it seems like you got all this knowledge about how to help people, what are you doing with that knowledge" and man he blew up and got so mad! and so we talked about how God is the best place to turn to. weed could have cured things temporarily, maybe. and he was just getting mad, saying some really harsh things. and as he walked away I said " listen man God loves you and he knows what your going through" just words that popped out of now where. Elder Harmon turned to me and said Do you know what just happened. you made him realize that what he was doing was wrong and he knew it and got angry ( read 3 Nephi 7: 17-18) something similar happened in those two verses! it was just a testimony to how powerful the spirit is when we are able to use it when it is needed most. We never got to see this young man again but I heard the word in my head, "those words will echo within him". I sure hope he knows that God loves him. And that he loves each of us individually.

I have been trying to comprehend how much God and Christ loves us. I guess to sum it up the scriptures say it best "I will not leave you comfortless" The Lord has promised us angels on our left and our right, and he will never let us down. They are there. And they know what we go through in our each and everyday life. They will be there to lift us up. I have gained such a strong testimony of that this week!

Everyone KIA KAHA!!
- your kiwi Elder Gish

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image