Monday, September 15, 2014

Holy Powerful Words

Kia Ora Whanau! 

It has been quite the week. Like usual I need to start with something funny!

image

SO we were on exchanges this week, and I thought it would be nice and do my (Tongan) companion’s laundry. Something my mom taught me was to smell the clothes before you wash them, just in case they are clean. I didn't want to do that but I figured my mom and dad have been right more then once so they are probably right on this one. SOOOO terror was just waiting. I get to his socks. I gave it a nice sniff! No joke I about passed out. So I yell to Elder Wilcken (the elder I was on exchanges with) and say “Man, we have the best smelling laundry soap!” and throw it at him. He believes me and gives it the biggest sniff i have experienced. He almost passed out too. SO lesson here!? Never sniff a Tongan’s socks, it works better then chlorophorm. That is a true fact.  

image

Anyway so we had an awesome chance to go to House of the Lord, The Temple, on Thursday. Which means we left early Wednesday and got there Thursday and didn’t get home till late Friday. It was the best experience though. I love the spirit that you can feel in the temple. It was the best way to start off my week!

image

Then a huge miracle moment. This week was our stake conference, and just to make it more nerve -racking our Mission President came down. Our President is the man by the way. So he comes to Stake conference, then right after he walks in our investigator walks in. We didn’t think he would have been here but it was a good thing. Here is why, this Thursday we wanted to invite him to be baptized, but our PRESIDENT beat us to it. Our President ON THE PULPIT says " If any of you here are not baptized into this true church I and the Lord invite you to do so." WHAT THE HOLY POWERFUL WORDS!!  After the session ends I walked up to our investigator and just asked him what he thought of the session. He says "I may have to take up the invite your President asked" WHAT?! It was amazing to see how the Lord Prepared Nick enough to receive that invite!

WHAT AN AWESOME WEEK!!!! Well that’s all for now. I love you all!
-Elder Gish

image

image

image

image