Monday, September 22, 2014

When Family is Involved the Spirit will Always be There!

image

Well hello everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful week! I know that my week has been pretty flipping amazing! There were so many miracles that happened this week! But first let me start with something funny:) because funny stories are the BOMB!

imageimage

So we were doing a service this week with some members, and they needed to get their yard all nice and orderly. There was heaps of gardening to get done, but of course the sisters jumped on that first.. so the Elders got stuck with cleaning out this pond that basically got turned into a cesspool! It was pretty awesome.. not.. SO of course my Companion Elder Fisi ( my tongan companion) just jumps in there like he was taking a mud bath and he starts clearing out the nasty junk that was in there.

image

So he is in there for like 30 minutes just having fun.. almost…when we get done we see this spot of mud moving.. THERE WAS A FLIPPING EEL in here! i don’t think i have ever seen a tongan scream and move so most! it was a crack up! This big tongan moving scared! Super funny:)

image

Anyway! so why was this week so awesome! well let me tell you:) first off we have a new mean az investigator! She is way keene! We had a lesson with her and she is a pretty staunch 7th day adv. She loved the message that we share. But something she said hit me. She said " Its amazing how you two can use so many scriptures to make your point. There are very few men like that!" Which hit me pretty hard!  How impactful the scriptures are, and how they can change lives when taught correctly!

imageimage

Then to make this week even better we had a lesson with an investigator named Nick( he is our main one we see) we had a pretty average lesson, but in the lesson he says. "I really enjoy having you MEN ( now that we’re men!) here. I don’t know what it is but when you come the feeling in my house changes". Well my friend that’s the spirit. 

THEN to make the week even better! We had two investigators get baptized ( from another area) so as a District Leader i give them an interview to make sure they know what they are doing! There was a young girl who had been through a lot. She felt as though that she was too bad to be forgiven. That why would God love me when I did everything against what we taught. The spirit came rushing in like a strong wind. Words just came out telling her she was forgiven and that Heavenly Father still loves you. Now here is the crazy part, there were two seats, one on each side of her. I sensed that they weren’t empty, but she and I were the only ones in the room. It was amazing to feel of the love our Heavenly Father had for this young girl. I only got a glimpse of what it felt like. It was absolutely over whelming. I can’t imagine what His full love for us feels like!

THEN to make the week even better!!! on my way to church on sunday. i got a calll saying Elder Gish would you teach the class today?  Which if everyone knows i love teaching! When i got up to teach, a less active member who has been there when i taught before, says "oh you’re teaching? Thank goodness" COMPLIMENT EXPLOSION. The lesson was awesome! We talked about of Heavenly FAMILY. When family is involved the spirit will always be there! and it was.. It was there so strong!

It was just such an awesome week!!

Love you all !

-Elder Gish

image

image

image